Immunizing pharmacists in Florida must complete a unique 3-hour CE course on the safe and effective administration of vaccines and epinephrine as part of their biennial relicensure. The course addresses the safe and effective administration of vaccines with a specific emphasis on those vaccines allowed by Florida Statute 465.189. The course also addresses the safe and effective administration of epinephrine by pharmacists when medically necessary.
The Florida Medical Association (FMA), which is a statewide professional association of physicians accredited education provider, offers this course for Florida Pharmacists to meet their CE requirements online.
Requirements for Renewal
- Complete a 3-hour CE program each biennial renewal period
- The immunization program must be offered by a Florida professional association of physicians that is accredited to provide AMA PRA Category 1 CME
- The program must cover the safe and effective administration of vaccines and epinephrine auto-injection
- The 3 hours required to meet immunization recertification can be included within the 30-hour CE biennial requirement for pharmacists
- Failure to get the recertification CE will result in the pharmacist’s immunization registry being revoked